Do you have a pet that you love more than anything? A pet that is your best friend? Well, I do, and if you’re anything like me then you want to make sure your pet is there with you and your significant other on your special day.
- If you love your pet, but you don’t think they’ll do well during your wedding ceremony or reception, then you can simply have them photographed with you and your fiancé in the engagement pictures. This way you can bring your pet into a very special moment for the two of you, and also announce to all your guests that not only are you and your fiancé joining as one, but all three of you are coming together as a family.
- If your pet is truly one of your best friends, then you may want to add them to your wedding party. Whether it’s you or your fiancé, your furry friend can be listed as a bridesmaid or a groomsmen. You can choose whether or not to have your pet at the altar during the wedding ceremony. If you think your pet might need some extra attention, you can have a designated person to care for your pet all day.
- Maybe you don’t want your pet as a bridesmaid or groomsmen, but you may like the idea of having him as the ring bearer, or her as the flower girl. You could have your pet walk down the aisle with a cute little bow tie and a basket with the rings, or even an arrangement of flowers. Of course, my dog would be on a leash walking with the ring bearer because she would probably take off running the other direction. After your pet gets down the aisle, you could have the person taking care of him/her in the front row prepared to care for your pet during the rest of the ceremony.
- Another great way to incorporate your pet into your wedding day is to allow your pet to run out on the dance floor, and join in on your first dance as husband and wife. You can share an intimate moment, and have your pet on the edge of the dance floor waiting for the go ahead. This is a way to have a sweet first moment as a family. You could even have your pet dressed up to match the wedding theme…talk about a cute photograph to place in your home!
- We all love our pets, but let’s face it; some people’s pets just won’t do well at the wedding ceremony or reception. If you want your pet there, but feel this way, then you can simply just let him/her get ready with you before the wedding. This is a very special moment, and it’s usually one people do with their loved ones no matter if they’re friends or family.
- Lastly, if you’re having a destination wedding, you probably can’t take your pet with you. If this is the case, then you can use some photos from your engagement session with your pet to decorate your wedding. You can easily use these photos as table center pieces, or even on a table near the entrance of the reception.